Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches


I am kind of in love with buffalo chicken. I think my obsession started in college when we used to go to Applebee's on a weekly basis for half-off appetizers. My appetizer of choice was always the boneless buffalo chicken wings. But, now that I cook my own food, I make my own buffalo chicken meals. This one is extremely easy and one I have made multiple times. In fact, I just made it for our fantasy football draft lottery party. I think it was a hit with our friends! This recipe has also been making its way across the blog-o-sphere so I'm sure you may have seen it already, but just in case you haven't, here it is. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled as well. And I welcome the leftovers because they can be turned into other great meal ideas, like buffalo chicken pizza or quesadillas. It also freezes well in case you want to make up a big batch and then have another meal to go later!

Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Source: Slightly adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle of your favorite buffalo wing sauce
1/2 packet of dry ranch seasoning mix OR make your own (recipe below)*
Sandwich buns

Directions:
1. Put chicken, wing sauce, and dry ranch mix or 2 Tablespoons of your own mix into slow cooker.

2. Cover and set on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.

3. Then shred chicken with two forks and serve on sandwich buns.

Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
Source: 5 Dollar Dinners

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper


Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients well. Store in an airtight container.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment