Lijit Ad Tag

Monday, August 13, 2012

Recipe Swap: Chili Lime Shrimp Salad


Our theme for this week's swap was "Too Hot to Cook." Each recipe was meant to either be no-cook or grilled and I received this chili lime shrimp salad. I love all of the ingredients in this salad so I knew I would love it! I usually have most of the ingredients on hand so I decided to make it for lunch one day. However, I just read through the initial ingredients and not the recipe itself so I didn't realize I was also supposed to make a dressing. I didn't have all of the ingredients for the dressing so I just drizzled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on my salad and topped  with some cilantro leaves. In the recipe below I included the dressing recipe as well for anyone who would like to make it! I enjoyed this salad and will definitely make it again at some point in time. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, Jen!

Chili Lime Shrimp Salad
Source: Becoming Pigzilla

Ingredients:
For marinade:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb fresh peeled and deveined shrimp (I used salad shrimp.)
For salad:
4 cups spinach leaves
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup corn
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
Handful of grape tomatoes, quartered
Dressing:

1 jalapeno
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp agave (honey would work just fine)
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:
1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients up through garlic. Whisk together. Pour marinade over shrimp and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Prepare dressing. Pulse the jalapeno, garlic and ginger root together in a food processor. Add lime juice, water, agave, balsamic vinegar, salt and cilantro leaves and pulse to combine. With the process on a low setting, pour in the olive oil until blended.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp with marinade to pan and toss lightly to heat. Remove from heat. Alternatively, you can use uncooked shrimp and grill.
4. Prepare salad. Toss all ingredients together. Add shrimp and drizzle with dressing. Or drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and add some cilantro leaves.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So glad that you liked the salad. It makes me want to make it again - clearly I didn't get that good of a pic the first time, so a perfect reason to do it again ;)

    Great idea to use salad shrimp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this the other night and it was a huge hit! Thanks for a new favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! This is a reminder that I need to make it again!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it is definitely a go to fave for me now. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete