Lijit Ad Tag

Friday, March 20, 2009

Sausage & Tomato Rigatoni

I used to rely on Kraft for most of my recipes when I first started to get into cooking. I still get the Kraft magazine in the mail and occasionally look at the site if I want to use up some ingredients. Anyways, I made this dish a long time ago and I remember Jon really liking it. He mentioned it a couple times in the past few weeks so I decided it was time to make it again - especially since my mom gave me some sausage the last time I visited! This is a really easy and great tasting meal. It could easily be made with another type of meat or without meat if you want too.

Sausage & Tomato Rigatoni
Adapted from kraftfoods.com

Ingredients:
4 cups rigatoni pasta (8 oz.), uncooked
1 lb. Italian sausage, cut into chunks
1 red onion, sliced (Omitted)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing(I used a sun-dried tomato and feta cheese dressing - yum!)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (Omitted)
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

COOK pasta as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, brown sausage in large nonstick skillet; drain. Stir in onions and tomato paste; cover. Cook 15 min. or until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing.

TOSS sausage mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using dressing in this. I actually have some sun-dried tomato dressing in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete