Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Revised Potato Skins

I think I've mentioned before how much I love potatoes. I was going to actually make dinner one night, but the pork ended up going bad before we could eat it so I made it a "fend for yourself" night. I ended up eating these potatoes and a salad. Not the most balanced meal, but it was definitely good. I didn't know what to call these so I just call them revised potato skins. They have all the flavors of a potato skin, but are cut into small rounds. I've seen variations of this recipe in the food blogging world so I have no idea if there is an actual recipe for it, but I just did my own thing to come up with this. I only used 1 potato to make for myself, but you can use however many you want depending on how many you need to feed.

Revised Potato Skins
My own recipe


Ingredients:
1 potato, washed and scrubbed
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Barbecue sauce
Bacon bits (the real ones)
Shredded cheddar cheese

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the potato into 1/4 inch rounds. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet (I always line mine with foil to cut down on the mess). Bake for 15-20 minutes, then brush bbq sauce over each potato. Top with bacon bits and cheese (use the amounts according to your preference), then bake until the cheese melts. I always dip mine in sour cream while eating.Pin It

2 comments:

  1. We call them Potato Slabs. :) I wouldn't mind these as a meal, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure was a huge potato -

    ReplyDelete