Lijit Ad Tag

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pineapple Sorbet

This is the second treat I've made with my KA ice cream attachment. I wanted to do something a little lighter so I'm not always making full-fat ice cream! Although, I really want to make some chocolate peanut butter ice cream this weekend. This sorbet turned out great! I used up some leftover pineapple that I used for a fruit salad for Christmas brunch...just in time before it went bad!

Pineapple Sorbet
Source: KitchenAid ice cream maker instruction booklet

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped pineapple
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
1 1/4 cups simple syrup (recipe below)

Directions:
Combine pineapple and lime juice in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade. Process until very smooth; pour through fine mesh strainer, pressing down lightly on solids trapped in strainer to extract as much liquid as possible without forcing solids through strainer. Discard solids. (I skipped the mesh strainer part because I don't have one but it still came out fine) Pour liquid into airtight container and refrigerate until thouroughly chilled, at least 8 hours.

Assemble and engage freeze bowl, dasher, and drive assembly as directed in attachment instructions. Turn to Stir. Combine chilled pineapple juice and chilled simple syrup. Using a container with a spout, pour mixture into freeze bowl. Continue on stir for 7 to 12 minutes or until desired consistency. Immediately transfer sorbet into airtight container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.

Simple syrup


Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2 cups water

Directions:
Combine sugar and water in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir until sugar dissolves completely, about 10 minutes. Transfer to ice bath, stirring until well chilled. Refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 3 cups.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, when my husband and I were in Hawaii we visited the Dole pineapple plantation and had pineapple soft serve. I bet this would taste similar to that. YUM!

    ReplyDelete