Lijit Ad Tag

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thyme-coated Pork Tenderloin

I found a great deal on a pack of two pork tenderloins at a grocery store that I don't normally go to. I have cooked a tenderloin a couple of times before, but I wanted to do it differently this time. The pork was pretty good, but came out a little pink. I'm kind of a fanatic about meat and Jon insisted that it was done and that pork is allowed to be a little pink. However, I ate the end pieces that were a little more done. The only meat I like pink is my beef!

Thyme-coated Pork Tenderloin
Adapted from Cooking Light and inspiration from Julie's Foodie

I remembered to take the picture after I ate so it was quick before I started to clean up!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon instant onion flakes (Julie's Foodie suggested using a Lipton onion soup packet, which I just happened to have in my pantry from my mom so I used that instead)
1 slice day-old hearty white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm), torn (Instead of making breadcrumbs, I just used some I already had and mixed it with the thyme & onion packet)
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten (I was too lazy to just use whites, so I used all of the egg even though it isn't as healthy)
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°.

Place thyme, onion, and bread in a food processor; pulse until fine breadcrumbs measure 1/3 cup. (See my note above!) Place breadcrumb mixture in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Dip pork in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place pork on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. (I used a glass baking pan) Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.

I served this meal with roasted potatoes tossed in olive oil, dried thyme & dried rosemary.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on the pink meat thing!

    ReplyDelete