Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal


Like I previously mentioned, I really like making breakfast foods on Sunday. Today was no exception. Since my child decided to wake me before 7, I had plenty of time to prep and bake this oatmeal before my husband had to head to work. 

I would actually say that this is more of a crisp than oatmeal since there is definitely more filling than topping, but it was still pretty good. I love that it incorporates some seasonal fresh fruit! 

Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal
Source: slightly adapted from <a href="http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/05/strawberry-rhubarb-baked-oatmeal.html">Skinny Taste</a>

 Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
3/4 pound rhubarb, sliced
1 medium banana, sliced
2 T flour 
1/3 cup honey, or sugar

For the topping:
1 cup quick oats
1 T sugar
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 T sugar 
1/2 t vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.

2. Lay the bananas on the bottom of the dish. Mix the strawberries, rhubarb, honey and flour together and then pour on top of bananas.

3. Mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla in a glass measuring cup, then add to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Pour on top of fruit. 

4. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment