Lijit Ad Tag

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blueberry Coffee Cake


Wow. Has it really been almost 9 months since I've posted anything? I don't really have an excuse for the fall  & winter months, but I have spent the last 4 months living in a different city from my husband to take a teaching opportunity. Needless to say, I didn't cook very often since I lived away from home during the week and relied on old standbys on the weekends. Now that summer is here though I hope to keep this little ol' food blog of mine going. I just tend to come and go, but that's ok by me.

I like to make a nicer breakfast on Sunday mornings before my husband has to go to work. I had a pint of blueberries to use up last weekend so I decided to start there. Coffee cake is always a favorite so that's how this happened in my kitchen. This cake was moist and delicious. I would highly recommend refrigerating it though to keep it fresh for a few days.

Blueberry Coffee Cake
Source: Slightly adapted from Little B Cooks

Ingredients:
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ - 1 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups blueberries


Streusel topping:
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter cut into pieces

Directions:
1. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together. 

3. Combine the milk, sugar, and eggs with the melted butter. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.

4. Fold in the blueberries and pour the mixture into the prepared pan.

5. Combine the streusel ingredients and cut the butter in with 2 knives or a pastry blender. Sprinkle over the blueberry mixture. 

6. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment