Lijit Ad Tag

Friday, July 27, 2012

Recipe Swap: Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Taquitos

I wish I had a good picture of the filling, but I didn't get a good shot.

This time for recipe swap we were assigned one of the other swapper's blogs and we got to choose what recipe we wanted to make. Narrowing recipes down is always a hard decision for me, but I decided to go with something fast and easy this time around. I did cut this recipe in half since I was just making dinner for my husband and me, but I posted the full recipe anyway. These would also make a great addition to a football party spread! Thanks for the great recipe, Carrie!


Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Taquitos
Source: Barely adapted from Carrie's Sweet Life (who got the recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff)

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
12 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (I used sharp cheddar since that's what I had on hand)
3-4 T green onion, chopped (omitted)
1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch dressing mix
20 (6-inch) flour tortillas
Salt
Non-stick cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put aluminum foil on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray


2. Mix the cream cheese, bacon, chicken, cheese and green onions (if using) together. Then add the packet of dry ranch dressing mix and mix well.

3. Put a couple tablespoons of each mixture into tortilla, then roll tightly. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Spray the top of each tortilla lightly with cooking spray, then sprinkle salt over them.

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.

5. Serve with ranch dressing on the side as a dip.
Pin It

2 comments: