Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Burgers with Big Mac Sauce

I remember when I used to hate burgers. I could never finish one, no matter how much I tried to choke it down. Then one day when I was about 14 my cousin and I decided to sit down and eat an entire burger just to see if we could do it. We did it and I liked it, but I didn't really start loving burgers until much later in life. Now, I love a good burger, but definitely need a lot of toppings or some type of sauce on it. For some reason I have always liked Big Macs, even though I should be disgusted by them. I just used the sauce to make these burgers "Big Macs," and I was pretty pleased with the results. I was afraid that the burgers themselves would be pretty plain with just salt and pepper, but that was all they needed in this instance. Now, if you want to do the whole double decker sandwich thing like a real Big Mac, go for it! 

Burgers with Big Mac Sauce
Source: Slightly adapted from Grilling 24x7 via What's Cooking, Chicago?

Ingredients for the special sauce:
1 cup miracle whip
1/3 cup sweet relish
1/4 cup French dressing (I used Catalina since that's what I had on hand)
1 T sugar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced onion

Burgers:
1 lb. ground chuck

4 slices American cheese
4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
Optional ingredients: Lettuce leaves, pickles, onion slices

Directions:
1. Make the special sauce -- Combine the miracle whip, sweet relish, dressing, sugar, pepper and minced onion in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Chill for at least 1 hour.

2. Divide the ground chuck into 4 equal portions and make into patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill to your desired preference and top with cheese for the last minute of cooking.

3. Put the burgers on the buns and top with desired toppings, including the special sauce.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment