Lijit Ad Tag

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuna Pasta Salad


Lunch is another meal that sometimes gets the shaft in my house. I am always consistent with dinner, but many times I just snack all day instead of eating a real lunch. I decided to create some easy lunches that can be made when my son is happy to sit in his bouncer in the kitchen with me during the day. Or while he's sleeping. I made this salad with what I already had in the house, but really this can be customized to your taste and to what ingredients you already have in your pantry and fridge too. You can add any variety of vegetables and spices you want. I think red bell peppers, celery, and cucumbers would work well. You can even add some beans, which I plan to do next time. I also think this would be great with an olive oil base instead of the mayo. Mix and match to what you like!

Tuna Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 cup of any small pasta shape (I used salad rotini)
1 can of tuna in water, drained
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 cup mayo
1 T minced parsley
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then rinse with cold water.

2. Combine tuna, bell pepper, onion, mayo, spices, parsley and cooked pasta. Mix well.

3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Makes 2 decent sized lunch portions.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This looks so simple and refreshing. I think I have everything but the green pepper on hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really good! I added chunks of sharp cheddar cheese and its yummy!

    ReplyDelete