Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I really only like bananas when they are just ripe, or even a little under-ripened. Basically I like them when they still have a little green on them. Once they start getting brown spots I am pretty much over eating them. So what's a girl to do when she has multiple bananas sitting uneaten on the counter? Make banana bread of course! And in my eyes, banana bread is just not complete without some chocolate chips in it. I also made this because my husband and I have a terrible habit of eating dessert most nights of the week. So this will be dessert for the week...and may just end up being eaten for a few breakfasts too. Because you know, it has bananas in it so it can count as a breakfast food. That's my rationalization anyway.


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Source:  Slightly adapted from use real butter

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups smashed, very ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (omitted - I don't like nuts in my baked goods!)
1 cup mini chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips.)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans (8x4).


2. Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer. Add in the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Mix in the mashed bananas.

3. Combine dry ingredients. Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and sour cream.

4. Add in nuts, if using, and chocolate chips. Mix well.

5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment