Lijit Ad Tag

Friday, June 15, 2012

S'mores Stuffed Brownies

S'mores are a quintessential element to summer. I remember many moments sitting around a campfire, roasting marshmallows and then building s'mores. I remember when someone introduced using a peanut butter cup instead of a chocolate bar and it blew my mind. These s'mores stuffed brownies bring s'mores inside. Brownies are one of my favorite desserts and when you stuff them with s'mores ingredients then they are just taken over the top. These are a gooey, chocolaty, mess and I love it.

S'mores Stuffed Brownies
Source: Adapted from Picky Palate


Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix (or make your own!)
4 1/2 full graham crackers
3 1/2 full-size chocolate bars (I just used a giant Hershey's bar - it didn't cover the entire surface area, but I wasn't bothered by it.)
16 large marshmallows (I used mini marshmallows and just dumped them on top of the chocolate bar and they worked great.)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.

2. Prepare brownies according to package instructions. Pour half the brownie batter into prepared pan.

3. Layer graham crackers over batter, then chocolate bars, then marshmallows. Pour the remaining batter over the top of the marshmallows.

4. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean.Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I will be making these soon!! Look delicious!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to make these this weekend and they didn't turn out - I think I baked them too long. And I didn't have enough brownie batter - I should have doubled my recipe. I'll try again next weekend :D

    ReplyDelete