Lijit Ad Tag

Monday, June 18, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Dip

My side of the family always hosts a Father's Day cookout each year and everyone who attends brings some type of dish or dessert to share. I like light and refreshing dips in the summer and have made a similar dip like this before and knew it would be a hit. The only difference from the dip I've always made is the addition of Italian dressing and I think it gives it a little extra zip. Once tomatoes are in season then I plan to make it with fresh tomatoes, but the canned tomatoes worked just fine here! I think this dip would even work well over chicken. Try this if you are looking for an alternative to a creamy dip this summer!

Black Bean and Corn Dip
Source: Inspired by Soupbelly's Cowboy Caviar


Ingredients:
1-1/2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of corn (thawed frozen corn or fresh corn cut off the ear)
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
3/4 cup chopped cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
3/4 cup Italian dressing
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment