Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares


I have problems with not eating breakfast. It's not that I don't want to, because I am certainly hungry in the morning, but I just never seem to have food available that I really want to eat. My husband eats cereal every single morning. I get really bored with cereal, and quickly. I've had these bars pinned for awhile because I thought they would be good for when my baby is a toddler. Turns out I like them too. They are not overly sweet and have some healthy ingredients, like oats, bananas and peanut butter. It's a great combination. I think I found my next go-to breakfast meal.

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares
Source: Adapted from Ginger Bread Bagels

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large mashed banana
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 8x8 inch pan.
2. Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix together.
4. Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Mix until ingredients are fully combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These sound amazing! All of my favorite things in a tasty little bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could probably add some flax seed to these and never know! I'm all about hiding things for extra nutritional value. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought about that, but I haven't picked any up at the store yet! I looked at some at this bulk foods place in Shipshewana last weekend, but knew I wouldn't go through it all before it went bad.

      Delete