Lijit Ad Tag

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Buckeye Brownies

Apparently I'm on a brownie kick lately. I am a huge fan of the chocolate and peanut butter combo so it's no surprise that I loved these brownies. They taste even better with a cold glass of milk! The original recipe calls for boxed brownie mix prepared according to package instructions, but I made my own brownies instead. Either way is fine! And remember how I was so excited last night that my camera magically fixed itself? Yeahh...not so much. It will turn on and I can take 1 picture before it stops working again. And it doesn't focus or let me change any settings. So basically I just have to snap a picture and hope for the best. Editing doesn't even fix all of the problems. Anyway, I still want to share recipes with all of you so please bear with me until I can get a new camera!

Buckeye Brownies
Source: Adapted from Cookies and Cups



Ingredients:
For the brownie portion (original recipe here)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

1 1/8 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/8 cups Dutch-process cocoa (regular cocoa is fine too)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts


1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup peanut butter

Directions:

1. 
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan.


2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine.

3. Crack 2 eggs into a large bowl, then beat them with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture, stirring until smooth.

4. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Mix in the chopped peanuts.

5. Pour half of the brownie mixture into the pan.

6. Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Spread over the brownie mixture in the pan.

7. Drop the remaining brownie mixture over the top of the peanut butter mixture and press down gently.

8. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment