Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Sometimes I'm a procrastinator, like when it comes to updating this blog. I have recipes that I have made & taken pictures of, but have not posted them either because a) I'm too lazy, b) I'm too busy, or c) I just don't really like the pictures. However, I made these cookies today and I do not want you to procrastinate making them. They are like a little bite (or two) of fall in your mouth. The icing turned out more like a glaze, but still tastes delicious. Please make these soon. You and your friends will thank you for it. Yes, you will thank yourself. I meant that to sound that way! Oh, and I only made half the recipe but am posting the original. I got 21 cookies by halving it and my first batch of ones were pretty small.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Source: Cooking This and That, who adapted it from allrecipes.com


Ingredients:

Cookies:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Icing:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon milk or heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then spread icing over top.

To Make Icing: Combine all ingredients and beat with elextric mixer. Add milk as needed, to achieve spreading consistency.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. YUM! I love anything pumpkin. And great picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definately be trying these, I have been craving pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked these! I need to make them again SOON. I have some problems with the icing too - mine comes out sticky and never dries to I need to store them in one layer or else they all stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I can attest to the fact that these are delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could get very fat on these...they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete