Lijit Ad Tag

Friday, July 3, 2009

My Mom's Potato Salad

My mom makes great potato salad. She usually makes it for me when I come over in the summer since she's such a great mom. :) I decided to try to replicate her potato salad tonight, but of course it didn't taste the same! I don't normally have regular mayo in the house so I used Miracle Whip instead and I put in pickle juice (I thought my mom used pickle juice in hers but she uses it in macaroni salad, not potato). I thought my version still tasted good though. I would like to get my mom's version down someday!

Potato Salad (sorta kinda my Mom's version)
Inspired by my mother!


Ingredients:
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped (I used red-skinned but really you can use any kind)
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
The following ingredients are all estimates since I go by taste:
1/2 - 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon pickle juice
1 teaspoon sugar

Directions:
Boil potatoes for 12-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain water and put potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add hard-boiled eggs to potatoes. Mix together the Miracle Whip, mustard, pickle juice and sugar together. Adjust ingredients to your taste. Add mixture to the potatoes and eggs. Refrigerate.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment