Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, July 26, 2009

My 100th post!

I just realized that this post is my 100th post. It wasn't going to be anything special. I just wanted to post my menu for the week. However, I do have some goals for this little recipe blog of mine so now is as good a time as any to share those with my lovely readers.

* Post more frequently. My goal right now is 3 times a week.

* Start trying out some of the recipes I have starred in my Google Reader, ripped out of magazines, or mentally noted in my cookbooks. This will help me with goal #1 as well.

* Take better photographs. I have really been working on this one (and struggling!), but I am determined to make my food look GOOD.

* Start making "Kickin It In The Kitch" look a little more professional. My brother-in-law is going to help me with this since he is a computer/website guy.

* Be featured on Clashmore Mike this fall for tasty and easy football appetizers/tail gating food. Ok, this may be a shameless plug for my husband's (and brother-in-law's) Notre Dame site, but they have mentioned featuring a new recipe a week during football season and I want to make sure that I do this up right.

Now, as mentioned previously, is my menu for the week:

Sunday: hot and sweet chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes, and salad
Monday: baked corn dogs, fried corn, and pasta salad
Tuesday: BLTs and a side dish to be determined (I'm thinking some spinach dip & tortilla chips since I've been craving it)
Wednesday: sun-dried tomato pesto chicken pasta and biscuits
Thursday: salmon with lime and honey sauce, baked risotto and mixed veggies
Friday: most likely leftovers or whatever can be scrounged up in the fridge
Saturday: hall of fame festivities!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. yum. Wednesday sounds delish! Congrats on your 100th post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your 100th post! looking forward to seeing your next 100 posts! : )

    ReplyDelete