Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Now that I've realized how easy pizza dough is to make, I have a slight obsession with making pizzas. We probably have pizza in some form at least twice a month. It's just so easy & quick! I had half of a leftover jar of alfredo sauce and instead of just dumping it over some pasta, I decided to make this pizza instead since I already had some frozen dough in the freezer. We've had a similar pizza from Papa John's and really liked it so of course I wanted to recreate it at home (with a few additional toppings!). Now I know pizza is pretty basic, but I am always looking for new topping ideas, so that is why I am sharing this "recipe" with you today.

Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Source: me! Pizza dough source: Annie's Eats


Ingredients:
Pizza dough (you could use homemade or store-bought)
Half jar of alfredo sauce
Chicken, cubed & cooked (I just saute some in a pan until they are just done since they will get baked in the oven too and I HATE dry chicken!)
Bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use the already cooked kind that you just have to heat up in the microwave)
Frozen spinach (I cook up the spinach and then blot out all of the excess water)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Olive oil, parsley and oregano mixed together (I use this to brush on the crust)

Directions:
Roll out pizza dough to desired size on pizza stone. Spread alfredo sauce on crust and add the rest of the toppings. Brush the olive oil mixture on the crust. Bake at 500 degrees for 12 minutes or until crust is golden. (My cheese got a little browned, but it still tasted good!)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment