Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Happy Birthday & Baked Onion Rings

First of all, I want to wish my husband a happy birthday! I am going to attempt to make a rhubarb pie (his favorite) for him so hopefully it will turn out & I can blog about it.

I love onion rings so much that I often substitute them for fries at a restaurant even though I know they are fried in oil and not healthy at all. The next best thing? Baked onion rings! I thought these tasted great and have made them a couple of times as side dishes to a meal. Dipping them in barbecue sauce makes them even better! (does anyone else use this condiment for onion rings?)

*I would also like to let everyone know that I have been reading up on photography so I'm hoping that I will have some better pictures on my site! These next few posts will still be pictures I took awhile ago since I have fallen behind on posting.

Baked Onion Rings
Adapted from Delicious Melicious, who adapted it from Cooking Light


Ingredients:
3 TBSP flour
1 TBSP sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground allspice (omitted)
1/3 c. milk
2 Large Vidalia or sweet onions, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices (use the large outer rings)
1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°.

2. Combine everything except the breadcrumbs & onions in a large bowl. Dredge the onion rings in flour/milk mixture. Then coat with the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.

3. Place the onion rings in a single layer on a baking sheets (with a few small sprays of cooking spray). Lightly spray the onion rings with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment