Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Granola

I haven't been eating great breakfasts lately. Too many donuts and muffins thanks to my lovely coworkers! I need to get back to the healthy breakfasts I love. I bought some light vanilla yogurt today so I thought some granola mixed in would be a great add-in. I may have cooked mine a little too long, but it still tastes great! I am excited to try some of this in my yogurt tomorrow morning.

Nutty Granola
Source: Elly Says Opa!, who adapted it from Ellie Krieger


Ingredients:

1.5 cups oats
1/4 cup unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup unsalted walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup raisins

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 300 and spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil.

In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing well to be sure everything is coated with the syrup and honey. Spread the mixture onto the prepared sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Let cool completely before storing.

Nutritional Information per 1/4 cup: Calories: 140 / Fat: 7.5g / Saturated Fat: <1>

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I was making this every week for a while. Then my oven broke and I kind of forgot about it. Now that it's up & running, I have to make it again! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was making this every week for a while. Then my oven broke and I kind of forgot about it. Now that it's up & running, I have to make it again! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete