Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Penne with Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

I've been determined not to waste food lately. Maybe it is because I just cleaned out the fridge and realized how much I had to throw away. So this meal came together from food that I needed to use up in the fridge...and it tasted pretty good too!

Penne with Chicken & Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Source: Stef's Kitchen!

Ingredients:
Half pound of penne
1 large chicken breast, cubed and cooked
3/4 jar roasted red peppers
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Italian seasoning
1/4 cup half-and-half (approximately)
Spinach

Directions:
Cook penne as directed on package. During the last minute or so of cooking time, add in the spinach until wilted. Meanwhile, prepare the roasted red pepper sauce. Using a food processor, puree the roasted red peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning together. Warm up on the stove and once warm, stir in the half-and-half. Serve penne topped with chicken and sauce.Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm slowly liking red peppers (as I didn't care for them in the past) and I would definitely like to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something like this in a recent post - just used up what I had in my fridge! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete