Lijit Ad Tag

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate peanut butter ice cream

My lovely cousin has requested that I update my food blog, so here are a few entries! I have just not been motivated lately. Also, I think I have had a few food failures lately that has brought me down.

Even though it's been an extremely cold winter, I still love to eat ice cream. I just bundle under a blanket and crank up the heat! This recipe is extremely good. I usually coat my ice cream with chocolate syrup and whatever else I can find, but I find that this is good just on its own. Jon took these pictures for me.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Source: The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz, Ten Speed Press, 2007 as seen on Annie's Eats


Ingredients:

2 cups half-and-half

¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder

½ cup sugar

pinch of salt

½ cup creamy peanut butter


Directions:

Whisk together the half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up). Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly blended.

Pin It

1 comment: