Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cranberry Muffins

I've had cranberries in my fridge for awhile and really wanted to use them to make muffins so I went searching for a recipe. The original recipe I was going to make was for cranberry orange muffins, but then I realized that I hardly had any orange juice left. I searched until I came to a recipe where I actually had all of the ingredients. I actually have not tried these muffins yet since I made them to freeze for breakfast for the next week or so, but they look really good!

Cranberry Muffins
Source: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh cranberries, quartered (I just chopped them up in my food processor)
8 tablespoons sugar, divided
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
Cinnamon-sugar

Directions:
Sprinkle cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. Sift remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into large mixing bowl.

In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Make a hole in center of dry ingredients; pour in liquid ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Add berries and lemon peel. Fill greased standard or extra-large muffin cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.

Bake at 400° for 18 minutes for standard-size muffins or for 22 minutes for jumbo muffins. Yield: 12 standard-size or 6 jumbo muffins.
(Mine only yielded 11 standard muffins)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment