Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Bars

I love pumpkin pie and I always crave pumpkin around this time of the year. I also had some pumpkin to use up in the fridge so in honor of the coming holiday, I decided to make these bars. They are fantastic! I also made homemade whipped cream to go on top of them...so good.

Pumpkin Pie Bars
Adapted from Kraft.com as seen on Delicious Melicious

Ingredients:
1-1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) cold butter or margarine
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I don't like nuts in my baked goods so I omitted)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons bourbon (optional) (I didn't use)
a handful of butterscotch or chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)

Directions:
HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; grease foil. Mix flour, 1/4 granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and nuts.

RESERVE 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, vanilla, bourbon, pumpkin and spice with mixer until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and a handful of butterscotch or chocolate chips (if desired).

BAKE 25 min.; cool 10 min. Use foil to transfer dessert from pan to wire rack; cool completely.

Whipped Cream
Adapted from my memory

Ingredients:
Heavy whipping cream (I used half a small container)
Tablespoon of sugar (Jon said more could have been added though)
Dash of vanilla

Directions:
Pour whipping cream into mixer and mix until soft peaks form. Start mixing slowly and then increase speed as it becomes thicker. Add in the sugar and vanilla just as the soft peaks are forming.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment