Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Laughing Cow Chicken & Brown Sugar Carrots

I feel like I haven't made dinner in awhile. We ate our Halloween party food for dinner on Friday & leftovers on Saturday so today I finally got to cook a real meal again. I finally bought Laughing Cow cheese (after I couldn't find it in the grocery store in the cheese section...it's in the deli section) but I am so glad I did. This cheese is fantastic. I can see why people have been talking it up! I have had a bag of carrots in my fridge for a couple of weeks now and needed to use them up by the expiration date tomorrow so I figured I would test-run a Thanksgiving recipe to see how they would turn out. Wow. These were so good! I'm pretty sure this will be the recipe I use for our Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws' house.

Laughing Cow Chicken
Source: Love Deliciousness

I could not get a good picture of the chicken! But here is an idea.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally 3/4 of the way through (so you can stuff the inside)
2 wedges Laughing Cow light cheese (one per breast)
Italian seasoning to taste
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
Handful grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Open each chicken breast up and spread one wedge of Laughing Cow inside the middle. Sprinkle Italian seasoning inside to taste. Fold chicken back over to original shape.
3. Mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Spray each chicken breast with cooking spray and then dip in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (I baked mine for way longer because they weren't done in only 15 minutes - I would say at least 25-30 minutes)

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Source: Southernfood.About.com


Ingredients:
16 ounces baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup water
dash salt
pepper, to taste

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine the baby carrots with remaining ingredients. Stir to blend ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling (uncovered) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and the liquid has evaporated.

Here are the carrots boiling in the pot!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm! The chicken sounds like a great low fat recipe! And the carrots look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this b/c I was wondering what the recipe was. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love laughing cow cheese! This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love brown sugar carrots! The chicken looks great too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chicken looks so easy and GOOD! I love Laughing Cow!

    ReplyDelete