Lijit Ad Tag

Monday, October 27, 2008

A summer dinner in the midst of snow flurries - Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

So in an effort to use items in my pantry this week, I decided to make these burgers since I've had pineapple rings & baked beans from this summer sitting in there. I have to say - I am quite impressed with these burgers. They don't have that "burgery taste" where it just tastes like all meat, but a nice combination of meat with the breadcrumbs. I prefer my burgers to not be too meaty! Most of the time I add a lot of toppings to my burgers, but with these I just added a little more teriyaki sauce and the pineapple ring and I was all set. I think it also helps that these were made with turkey instead of beef.

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Taken from ...and a cookie for dessert

Ingredients:
1 cup bread crumbs
1 can pineapple rings, drained, 1/4 cup of juice reserved
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 lb lean ground turkey
Teriyaki sauce for basting
Sesame or whole wheat hamburger rolls (I was forced to use white buns because the grocery store literally did not have any wheat ones - I think they needed to restock the bread aisle!)

In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of juice from canned pineapple and the soy sauce. Crumble turkey into bowl and mix well. Shape turkey into four patties. Grill over medium heat 10-15 minutes, brushing occasionally with teriyaki sauce. (Since it is pretty cold outside, I used my George Foreman and grilled them for 7 minutes and they came out perfectly). Towards the end of grilling, add pineapple rings to grill and grill 1-2 minutes per side. Pineapple can also be brushed with the teriyaki sauce - it's good with and without the sauce! Place burgers on buns and top with a slice of grilled pineapple.

I served these with some baked beans as mentioned before. A nice light meal! And plenty of burgers left for lunches this week. :-)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment