Lijit Ad Tag

Monday, October 27, 2008

Apple crisp

So I was sitting watching TV and really wanted something sweet...but fruity. I have had apples in my fridge for awhile now that I needed to use up so it seemed like the perfect option. It definitely hit the spot!

I cut the recipe in half since I only had enough apples for about 2 cups.

Apple Crisp
Adapted from allrecipes.com as seen on Jenn and Food, Perfect Together


Ingredients:
4 cups sliced apples (I used 2 cups)
ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup butter (I used 1/4 cup)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used half this amount)
Quick cooking oats - I added this to the original recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
Place apples in prepared dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour water over all. In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Blend in flour. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. I also sprinkled some quick cooking oats over the mixture and I probably would add more next time. Bake in preheated oven 50 minutes, until apples are tender and crust is golden. (I only baked for about 35 minutes since that's all the time my apples needed) I then served it with some whipped cream on top!Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Apple crisp is so perfect for dessert in the Fall! I love it!

    ReplyDelete