Lijit Ad Tag

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

It's a crock pot recipe! It's been a week since I used my crock pot so it definitely needed to be used again...because, well, I love my crock pot! When I made my menu on Sunday, I fully intended to go to class tonight & not have my car in the shop. A crock pot seemed the way to go. However, life happens & I'm home early tonight but my soup was already done so I got to enjoy it 3 hours early! I have made similar tasting meals over pasta & rice, but these flavors tasted great as a soup too. And since the cold front is still hanging on in Ohio, it was a perfect night for soup.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Adapted from Just 2 Good

Ingredients:
2 skinless chicken breasts, thawed or frozen
1 10 oz package frozen corn
1 large onion, chopped (I didn't have an onion on hand so I just threw in some dried chopped onion)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
24 oz chicken broth (I used two 14.5 oz cans)
10 oz tomato sauce (I used an 8 oz can)
10 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles (I used 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 can green chilies)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 bay leaf
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken before serving.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I have only tried one bowl of chicken tortilla soup it was a long time ago. I should try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! I love this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete