Lijit Ad Tag

Friday, September 12, 2008

Perfect day for soup

I once again used my trusty crock pot and recipe book for dinner tonight. This is another recipe that I've never made before, but thought it sounded pretty good. It did turn out great - hearty and a perfect mix of flavors. I also made some Harry & David cornbread muffins to go with it. A perfect meal for a rainy day!

Fall Harvest Chowder
Adapted from 101 More Things to do with a Slow Cooker by Stephanie Ashcraft


Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground beef, browned and drained (I used ground turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I used a little under 1/4 cup minced)
4 cups water
1 cup diced carrots (I eyeballed it)
1 cup diced celery (I eyeballed it)
1 cup potatoes, peeled and cubed (I eyeballed it)
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes (I used 1 smaller can because that's all I had - and it had plenty of tomatoes)
1 can (8 ounces) tomato puree
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

Combine all ingredients in greased 4 1/2- 6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or on high heat 3-4 hours.





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Looks like a stew, I will have to save this recipe for a nice rainy fall day!

    ReplyDelete