Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A different recipe...

I really didn't know what to expect from this dish. I found it in my favorite crock pot book and I had some boneless pork chops so I thought I'd give it a try. I actually thought it didn't sound that great, but what the heck! The last time I made boneless pork chops I basically ruined them and they were as hard as a rock. So - I didn't want this to happen again for obvious reasons! Consensus - this actually turned out pretty good and it's super easy.

Pork Chop Stroganoff
*Adapted from 101 More Things to do with a Slow Cooker by Stephanie Ashcraft

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops
1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 bag (8 ounces) pasta (I used wide egg noodles)

Place pork chops in greased slow cooker. Layer mushrooms over meat. Spread soup over top, then cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours. Using a knife and fork, cut pork chops into bite-sized pieces. (When I had to cut the meat up, I didn't even need a knife because it was SO tender and I just used my fork to break the pieces up.) Stir sour cream into meat sauce. Cover and leave on low heat while preparing pasta according to package directions. Stir hot cooked noodles into the sauce and serve.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment