Lijit Ad Tag

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Avocado Basil Pasta


I have become an Olympics nut. I have been planning out my days so I can watch all of the live coverage so I don't miss anything. I had enough time between the women's gymnastics competition and a few swimming finals to prepare lunch so I needed something fairly quick. I looked to my cupboards and fridge to see what ingredients needed to be used up. This pasta dish fit the bill. I really enjoyed this meal, but I will probably saute the garlic next time because it was a bit overpowering. It didn't completely ruin the dish though! This recipe is a nice summer lunch or dinner that only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. Enjoy!

Avocado Basil Pasta
Source: Slightly adapted from recipe.com

Ingredients:
8 ounces bow-tie pasta
2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
6 slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained and crumbled (I used bacon pieces since I didn't have any bacon)
2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (or Pecorino Romano as the recipe states, but I didn't have any)

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. Combine the avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss with the drained pasta.

3. Dish into serving bowls, then sprinkle cheese over top.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment