Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies


I've posted this recipe before, but I'm re-posting with a new picture and to revive it from the archives. As I've mentioned before, my husband and I have a slight problem with dessert. I noticed yesterday afternoon that we were out of dessert so I whipped these bars up quickly to enjoy once our son goes to bed. This recipe is one that I have made countless times because it is so quick & easy. And you really can't go wrong with the peanut butter and chocolate combo! However, feel free to switch it up. I have used other types of chips besides chocolate and you can leave out the peanut butter too if you wish. Just add another 4 tablespoons of butter to your mix to get the right consistency!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Source: Baking Blonde

Ingredients:
4-5 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.

2. Use the microwave to melt the butter in a medium-sized bowl. It will most likely be done in 30 seconds -1 minute!
3. Add the peanut butter and stir until creamy. Then add the brown sugar and stir until combined well. Next, add the egg and vanilla and combine. Then add the salt, flour and baking powder to the mixture and combine well. Fold the chocolate chips in.

4. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Press the batter in with your fingers to spread evenly.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment