Sometimes I buy a lot of berries and then can't eat them fast enough. I could freeze them, but what's the fun in that? Thus, blueberry muffins were baked up in my kitchen this morning! This recipe is quick, easy and makes delicious muffins. They pair very nicely with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk, whichever you prefer. Enjoy!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
1.5 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup milk (I used nonfat)
2 cups blueberries
For the streusel topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place baking cups into muffin pan tins (or just spray the pan with nonstick spray).
2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
3. Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture in a separate bowl. Then add to the flour mixture.
4. In another separate bowl or a large glass mixing cup, whisk together the oil, egg, and milk.
5. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Leave a few lumps!
6. Make the streusel topping. Mix all ingredients together using your fingertips or a pastry blender until you have pea-sized crumbs.
7. Spoon muffin mix into baking cups, then sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over all of the muffins.
8. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.Pin It