Lijit Ad Tag

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Salmon with lime & honey sauce

Finally. I have had this dish on the menu for 3 weeks in a row, and every time I was supposed to make it we either ate something else or went out somewhere. This tends to happen every time I have salmon on the menu...weird. I liked the sauce for the salmon and it was definitely flavorful, but I would have preferred a glaze instead. For some reason I like when my salmon is coated with some type of topping or glaze. However, this did taste light and was great for a weeknight summer meal. I served this with baked risotto (recipe coming later) and a side salad.

Salmon with lime & honey sauce
Adapted from Loves to Eat


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter (I used light margarine)
4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (I only used 2 but made the same amount of sauce)
2 limes, juice of
1 teaspoon lime zest (Omitted)
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

Heat butter in 12 inch skillet.


Add salmon; cook on med for about 12 minutes, turning occasionally.


In small bowl mix remaining ingredients.


Place salmon on plates.


Pour sauce into skillet; heat through.


Drizzle on salmon.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I have never liked salmon, but you make me want to try it again!

    ReplyDelete