Lijit Ad Tag

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Honey Ginger Shrimp

Shrimp was on sale (peeled, deveined & tails-off!) so I grabbed a bag since it was a reasonable price and it had been awhile since we've had shrimp. I had bookmarked this recipe in my Google Reader awhile ago and had most of the other ingredients on hand so this one got added to the menu last week. This was really good! I did double the sauce since I like a lot of sauce, but I included the original recipe. I also added a bag of stir-fry vegetables to make the meal more complete.

Honey Ginger Shrimp
Adapted from Woman with a Whisk, who adapted it from myrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1.5 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp (I think mine was a 1 lb. bag)
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
4 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
4 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger (I used ground ginger)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 c. chopped green onions (Omitted)

Directions:
Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Set aside.

Combine soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.

Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger, garlic, and green onions to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant.

Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry for 3 minutes. (This is also when I added the bag of stir-fry veggies.)

Add soy sauce mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Serve immediately with rice.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment