Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

I apparently was in a baking mood this weekend because as I was waiting for my cheesecake to cool, I decided to bake some bread. I've had a bread machine for almost 3 years now...and have not used it once. I have just carted it from apartment to apartment with me, but didn't want to get rid of it. I am so glad that I kept it and finally decided to use it! This bread was SO good. I forgot how good homemade bread is. Now I want to make some every single day. I hope to try out some other recipes too, but I know that I will probably make this one again and again. I am posting the original recipe, but I changed some things around based on others' reviews which are reflected in italics.

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

Adapted from allrecipes.com


Ingredients:
1 1/8 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons honey (I used 1/4 cup)
1/3 teaspoon salt (I used 1 tsp.)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used 2 cups)
1 1/2 cups bread flour (I used 1 cup)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used 2 unsalted butter)
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions:
Add ingredients according to the manufacturer's directions to your bread machine. Use the wheat bread cycle and light color setting. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment