Lijit Ad Tag

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Easy Ham & Bean Soup

Time to start food blogging again! I took a hiatus during the holiday season since so much was going on, and I even made a ton of foods that I could have blogged about. Oh well. My parents gave us a huge chunk of ham to take home after Christmas. I decided to make ham and bean soup, cut off a few slices for sandwiches for lunch and freeze the rest for future use. I got a Better Homes & Garden cookbook for Christmas so I decided to put it to good use. I picked out this recipe and a few others for dinners this week. Oh, and I got a new camera for Christmas so I hope that my pictures comes out better!

Easy Ham & Bean Soup
Adapted from Better Homes & Garden cookbook

Ingredients:
2 cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cubed cooked ham
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1.5 cups sliced celery (3 stalks)
1.5 cups chopped onion (3 medium) I used 2 medium and it was still too many onions...next time I will cut it down to 1 onion
3.4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1.4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf

Directions:
Cook celery and onion in hot butter. Add 4 cups chicken brother, 1 cup cubed cooked ham, and two 15-ounce cans navy beans, rinsed and drained, along with thyme, black pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment