Lijit Ad Tag

Monday, December 29, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies that aren't flat!

I have never made chocolate chip cookies that have turned out well. I don't know what it is about these cookies, but they have always turned out flat for me, no matter what I have tried. Tonight, I made them and they came out perfectly!! So this post is mainly for my mom, who has witnessed the countless times I have failed at these cookies, so she can see that her daughter has finally gotten it right. So Mom, are you proud of me??

Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Very Best Baking

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (Omitted - I hate nuts in my cookies!)

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. (My oven cooks really fast so I only cooked for about 7 minutes)
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yummy those look good and I'm very proud of you - but that isn't anything you don't already know - I've been proud of everything you do even those little things I find out after the fact. I will always be proud - you have never disappointed me - love you....and please make me some fluffy chocolate chip cookies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too make cookies even LESS flat, you can add 1/2c flour to the recipe (the nestle toll house recipe) and/or you can use crisco instead of butter. Or you can use martha stewarts recipe for cakey chocolate chip cookies which is just like the toll house one but less butter. http://www.marthastewart.com/354939/cakey-chocolate-chip-cookies?comments_page=1
    or this recipe.. which is my very favorite
    http://anickh.blogspot.com/2011/09/puffy-m-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete