Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Apple Cider Beef Stew

When I first saw this recipe, I thought it sounded great. Then I tasted it. I hated it. I couldn't even eat a whole bowl of it. I basically took a few bites and that was it. Then I got angry that I wasted all of those ingredients. Until Jon tried it. He loved it. He ate a huge bowl and then ate the leftovers a couple of days later. So, I guess you can try it and see if you like it like my husband, or hate it like I did!

Apple Cider Beef Stew
Adapted from Crock-Pot.com

Ingredients:
1 lb beef stew meat
8 carrots, sliced
6 potatoes, sliced
2 apples, diced
2 tsp salt
½ tsp thyme
2 Tbs onion, minced
3 c. apple cider
1 c. celery (I omitted)
2 Tbs cider vinegar

Directions:
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low 10-12 hours or High 5-6 hours.Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a great stew recipe! I wouldn't have thought of using apple cider and I can only imagine how delicious and comforting it is.

    ReplyDelete