Lijit Ad Tag

Friday, November 14, 2008

Shrimp & Brie Linguine

I found this recipe and thought it sounded great because I REALLY love cheese. However, I guess I am not a fan of brie. I probably should have tried it before I made an entire meal out of it, but that's my own fault. I did get some other tips on how to make a sweeter type of dish from brie so I may try it one more time doing it that way. I did heat this up the next day and I actually liked it better because it melted on the pasta more and it didn't do that the first time around.

Shrimp and Brie Linguine

Adapted from Cooking This & That - from Coastal Living


Ingredients:
8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, if desired (I left it on because it seemed like too much work to take it off!)
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, coarsely chopped (I used roasted red peppers)
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I just used a can of tomatoes I already had on hand)
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped (Omitted)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chopped fresh basil (I used dry basil)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces uncooked linguine (I used one pound)
1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cube Brie and combine with next 7 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let stand about 1 hour.

Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Two minutes before pasta is al dente, add shrimp. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.

Drain pasta and shrimp, and immediately toss with Brie mixture. Serve immediately with fresh Parmesan.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment