Lijit Ad Tag

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chicken BBQ Pizza

I was so excited to make this pizza. I've never made a pizza before - I know, I know - so I figured I might as well give it a try. However, I did not make my own crust. I just don't have time for that during the week. My family always makes their own crust though so I would love to do that next time. Once I got the pizza out of the oven I thought it was a total failure. The crust was still a little soft and it looked really messy...but it actually ended up being pretty good!

BBQ Chicken Pizza
Adapted from All Recipes

My really messy pizza!

Ingredients:
3 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (I only used 2)
1 cup hickory flavored barbeque sauce (I was out of hickory so I used original)
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon molasses
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (I used dried)
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (I used mozzarella)
1 cup thinly sliced red onion (I omitted)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro. Bring to a boil.


2. Spread chicken mixture evenly over pizza crust, and top with cheese and onions. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
(My mixture was really runny and going over the sides of the pan so I baked the pizza pan on top of a cookie sheet so I didn't get my oven messy)
Pin It

1 comment: