Lijit Ad Tag

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Vegetable Beef Stew

Since today will be busy with watching Notre Dame football (my husband is obsessed!), I decided to throw some beef stew into the crock pot so we don't have to worry about cooking. I've made this recipe multiple times and have never been disappointed!

Vegetable Beef Stew
*Adapted from 101 More Things to do with a Slow Cooker by Stephanie Ashcraft

Ingredients:
1 to 1 1/2 pounds stew meat, cubed (I only used 1 pound)
1 bag (8 ounces) baby carrots, cut into thirds
2 cups diced potatoes (I used 2 large and 1 small)
1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained (I had some frozen corn that I used instead)
1 can (14.5 ounces) green beans, drained (Again...I used frozen)
2 jars (12 ounces each) beef gravy
1 can (11.5 ounces) v8 juice

Combine all ingredients in greased 4 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or on high heat 4 hours.


Stew is ready to be cooked.

And now ready to be eaten!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment